With the introduction of mandatory EID Tagging requirements in sheep and goats born in Victoria from 1st January 2017 the State government has announced a subsidiary package for a limited number of dollars be made available to producers so that you can purchase equipment needed to upgrade your systems.
Here is a brief outline of what can be claimed:
|Eligible optional infrastructure||· Wand and panel readers
· Weighing equipment with EID reader fittings
· Manual drafting crates with EID reader fittings
· Lamb marking cradles with EID reader fittings
· Software to collect and manage performance data and/or to record movements on the NLIS database
· Magazine tag applicators (if included as part of an application)
· Computers, laptops, phones and tablets
· Electronic NLIS (Sheep) tags
|Maximum funding available||Up to $3,000|
|Level of co-funding required||Applicants must fund a minimum of 50 per cent of costs.|
|Who can apply?||Sheep and goat producers operating in Victoria.|
|Conditions of funding||Successful applicants need to report against agreed milestones.|
Below are the forms needed to apply for the subsidy – and a list from Gallagher as to the cost of each item to give you an idea.
If you have any questions or just need some assistance with an application – drop us a line!